Monday, June 23, 2014

Don't Mess With My Head!


So, a week or so ago, along our route at the recent Fashion Fair for Life we came across this female mannekin with a light bulb for a head.

It was a bit creepy, but we figured, what the hey!

They Sweetie tried on a demo for a mesh dress in the store, and this is what happened:


Yep, that's right! The demo wiped out her head.

I'm certain it never crossed the creator's mind, but hiding or defacing a woman's visage is misogynistic in the extreme. What happens when women in some Middle Eastern countries don't wear burkas? They get acid thrown in their faces. Where do male spousal abusers make sure to hit women? The face.

It was max creepy. Neither of us made a purchase.

Now wouldn't you know it, just down the path there was another store that wanted to sell us mesh heads.


Sweetie wasn't about to buy a mesh head, but wanted to check out the demo. Here's the result:


Eek! Avatar hair! And I had NO IDEA I our eyeballs were half-spheres!

Then Sweetie actually got the head on, and things settled down.


"You know, don't you," I said, "it's difficult to think of you as glamorous when I know how your eyeballs really look."

That earned me this look:


Yes, yes, Sweetie had found the HUD and was trying out the facial expressions.


"You know," I told her, "the smile is fetching."

"Look!" she said. I "have a uvula!"


I'm not going to touch that one.

No comments: