Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whimsy Makes Startup Screen in Singularity Viewer

Anyone Can Ride the Train at Whimsy. It's More Fun Than Pie!

I've not been in world much for the past couple of weeks (I've been preparing a paper I'll be presenting at a conference in a couple of weeks), but Whimsy's little train sends me an instant message whenever someone drives it, and the messages goes to e-mail, so I knew a lot of people had been riding.

At first I thought someone had told their friends about it or mentioned it in group chat, but my friend Petronella told me she saw Whimsy featured on the startup screen of the Singularity viewer. Imagine that!

The ride is lovely, partially in the air and partially under the sea, and the scenery is breathtaking. I have two carries out, each of which holds two people, so a total of five people can ride at one time. 

You can ride the Whimsy train here. Just sit on the engine and touch the boiler.

No comments: