Sunday, September 9, 2012

Prim Litterers


Written 21 August, 2012

Prim Litterers

I leave build enabled for the convenience of guests to Whimsy. Most respect that by picking up their prims when they leave--- but some don't.

When I see 200 prims left on the land I know someone has either mislaid their hair or been presumptuous enough to build a castle in the air or has rezzed every stupid item in their Objects folder. I just sigh and hit RETURN.

There are a few people who repeatedly leave one or two prims on the land. I know they've probably been unpacking boxes, and I don't mind that, but I do wish they would pick up their prims when they're finished with them. I imagine they're used to land with auto-return and don't even think about it.

Occasionally I send repeat offenders an e-mail telling them I'm glad they're enjoying Whimsy and we're happy to have visitors, but please pick up their prims when they leave. Most are careful from then on, but a few just keep on doing it-- unthinkingly, I'm sure.

Once or twice I've temporarily banned offenders to get their attention. I hate to do that, but sometimes it's just necessary.

No comments: