Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mystitool Updated!

I Use the Mystitool to Stand on the Head of Scissors Peccable
Written 11 March, 2011

Mystitool Updated!

After several years without an update, Mystical Cookie has sent owners of her Mystitool gadget a new version.

The Mystitool, for those who might not be aware of it, is a multipurpose gadget that's like a Second Life Swiss army knife. See my reviews from 2007 here and here.

The Mystitool is way cool. I regularly use its radar, flight assist, platform rezzer, teleport history, face light, color calculator, and avatar location functions. I can scan Whimsy and see everyone on the sim and I can keep track of Sweetie when she is darting about. And when I fly, I make colorful little poofies.

The new version has lowered already low script time for the multiple scripts and contains more than 100 tweaks of existing features, all designed to make them faster, more powerful, and easier to use. A few features, most notably the URL catcher and anti-idle, have been removed, since viewers now have this functionality. Seldom-used  features are now plug-ins. There is one new function-- Mystitool owners now have the ability to recognize avatars with resource-hogging scripts.

Five-and-a-half years after buying a Mystitool for Sweetie (and one for myself), I still use mine daily. In fact, I feel naked without it.

No comments: