Monday, August 29, 2011

Woo Hoo, I Can Stretch Prims to 64 Meters!!!

Written 29 August, 2011

Woo Hoo, I Can Stretch Prims to 64 Meters!!!

The new mesh server software went grid-wide about a week ago and I've been having a grand time going around the Whimsy sims and freeing up prims by replacing two or three identical 10-meter long prims with one newly-stretched mega.

I didn't free up as many prims on Whimsy as I had thought-- maybe 50, or at the Temple of Doom (maybe 10), but Whimsy Kaboom now has 200 more prims-- highly significant for a Homestead region with just 3750 primitives.

The physics engine seems to have been updated as well. My rocket, which flew to about 550 meters, is now soaring as high as 800 meters.

And of course, there's mesh. I bought a pair of mesh jeans and forced myself to load the latest iteration of Viewer 2 (called Viewer 3, but identical to V2 except for mesh support, which at the moment Firestorm doesn't have.

My next post will be about prim saving, and the one after about mesh.

No comments: