Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Blog Milestone

Written 15 December, 2010

A Blog Milestone

Tonight I was putting together the post just before this one and Google informed me I had reached the limit of free storage space for photos-- 1 GB.

Now, I've been writing this blog for four years. I've made more than 1600 posts, almost every one of which has multiple high-resolution photos. It's amazing I got free photos for such a long time.

Google informed me I could buy 5 GB of additional storage space for photos for just $5 a year.

I took the plunge. I figure that so long as I renew annually I'm good for about 7000 posts. If I keep posting at the same rate I'll run out of storage space around 2035.

Google did wreck a post further down the page, though. All the photos are oddly truncated. I'll fix it tomorrow. It's late and I'm going to bed.

No comments: