Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Morning Machinima 1/10/2010


This elven horn by Robbie Dingo can be found
in Whimsy's beautiful upper gardens. Go give it a try!

Written 10 January, 2009

Announcing Sunday Morning Machinima

Now I've cleverly figured out how to embed video in my blog, I've made the decision to feature a new short film every Sunday.

Most will be machinima; some will just be videos I found interesting.

This month I'll feature some of the best-known Second Life machinima and machimima makers.

Today I feature four films by Robbie Dingo.

Robbie Dingo is the second life avatar of artist Rob Wright. I'm not certain WHICH Rob Wright; I know only he is in the UK. Perhaps one of my readers will enlighten us. He's known in-world for his musical instruments and for his filmmaking.

Dingo's first film seems to have been this video he made of the making of a guitar for real-life artist Suzanne Vega, who was arguably the first well-known musician to play a concert in world.



Next was his brilliant Watch the World(s), in which he constructed Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night painting while Don Maclean's Vincent played. It was brilliant.


Here's Meteors, a video Dingo made in collaboration with musician Kirstie Hawkshaw



And here's his Better Life:



You can look forward to another machinima post next Sunday-- and perhaps some before then.

No comments: