Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jumping the Ship

Written 20 December, 2009

Jumping the Ship

 While windsurfing yesterday, I spotted a ship in the distance.


An aside: Recently, when I saw a video of two windsurfers jumping an auto bridge, I was intrigued.
 I can't seem to find the footage (it was on Huffington Post), but here's a video of another high windsurfing jump.



Scary, huh?

Guess what that boat made me want to do?

Yup.

I mean, avatars can't break bones, can they?

Can they?

I approached.

I checked out the ship.


Hmmm. Not too tall. But boy, I need to avoid that wheelhouse and the cargo net.


Okay... here goes!

 The approach...


The execution...

Crap! Camera malfunction!

I hate this stupid broken interface. For months now the CTRL-~ keyboard shortcut has cropped the view. I was in the middle of the screen when I shot the photo, but wound up at upper right.

So let's try again...

Woot!

Can we get a closeup of that?


Thank you.

And again...


Wow! That one was close!

I tell you, it's not easy to hold down the up arrow to move forward, hit the page up key to jump, and click the Snapshot button with the mouse-- all in a split second at a slow framerate!

But I'm a trained keyboard athlete, and I did it!

To windsurf the beautiful waters of Whimsy Estates, go here.

No comments: