Monday, September 14, 2009

The Visit


Wow, this may be my longest time ever ever between posts!

Written 14 September, 2009

The Visit


Now it can be told.

Yes, I managed to overturn the gag order imposed on me by the Supreme Court, so I'm free to talk.

There was more to my visit with Sweetie than just a visit.

But you knew that, didn't you?

I had to come up here to get her out of trouble.

It began when she came out of world and returned to Earth to get ready for my visit. Immediately she was in a foul mood.

"I can't fly!" she wailed in Skype.

"Uh, you've not tried to teleport yet, have you?" I asked.

"No, but I'll try that as soon as I adjust my Appearance sliders.... OMG! My shape has become no mod!"

"Your skin is, too," I said. "But look at the bright side. There are no prim limits on Earth."

"My Lindens are worthless!" she said.

"Not quite," I said. "They just don't have a high rate of exchange against the dollar. So your 843 Lindens are worth, let's see, a bit over three dollars."

"I hate this place," she said. "What are these drops of water on my face? I never had that before."

"It's called perspiration," I said. "That happens when it gets hot."

"I can't even find my inventory. All I seem to have is a stupid closet. And it doesn't expand infinitely. It just stays the same stupid size. It was all I could do to get the door shut."

"Yeah, Earth sucks," I said. "But maybe one day there'll be a new version."

Sweetie managed fairly well with the various limitations of Earth, but there came a day when she realized...

"I can't cam!" she gasped.

"Nope," I said.

"But how am I going to to shop?"

"And more importantly, how are you going to look at people having sex in houses far away?" I asked.

"That too! I can't even see the back of my head! I seem to be stuck in permanent mouselook."

"Yep," I said. "That's the way things are on Earth."

"I hope you appreciate how much I'm giving up to see you," she said.

"I'll be there as soon as I can," I said.

But it wasn't soon enough.

Sweetie managed the various inconveniences of life on Earth pretty well, but she didn't quite get the laws and mores. And that's what got her in trouble.

"I'm in jail," she said. "And they have no build on. I can't even rez a nonphysical sphere to get out of here."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Nothing, she said. "I was just driving my Primouth down the road and a cop avatar pulled me over and asked me where the fire was."

"How fast were you going?" I asked hesitantly.

"Not so very fast," she said, "but I was all over the road at the sim crossing and it LOOKED like I was. What does 103 in a 30 mean?"

So there you have it. The first thing I had to do after my plane landed was bust Sweetie out of jail.

2 comments:

Whatcha Eaton said...

Just wait until Sweetie finds out that she has to feed and shelter her avatar. And um... I'm glad she wasn't sent "off world" with the car at that sim crossing. There's no re-spawn. >.<

Tycho Beresford said...

Poor Sweetie! I'm looking forward to hearing about how you busted her out! Did you have to ask the Lindens to help?