Thursday, February 19, 2009

One Thousand Blogs!


Rez Day Party for Cheyenne, Sweetie, and Peter Stindberg, October, 2007

Written 19 February, 2009

One Thousand Blogs!

OMG! Have I really posted one thousand blogs? Who would have thought?

Two-and-a-half years ago I wasn’t even sure what a blog was. When Melissa Yeuxdoux gave me the link to a blog she had written about me, I checked it out and thought hmmm, maybe there’s something to this blog stuff! And so I created an account at Blogger and launched this puppy.

My first post was 16 November, 2006. That was a lot of posts ago! A lot of words!

Chey’s blog has chronicled my journey in Second Life from rank noob to virtual virtual princess, from happy wanderer to sim owner, from someone who couldn’t rez a cube to someone who can make and script just about anything. I’ve shared my journey as best I could, the highs (like buying my first land) and the lows (like wiping out the terrain three times in a row). Sometimes I’m caustic, sometimes I’m opinionated, sometimes, maybe, I’m boring, but I’m always honest. I write what I experience and I say what I think.

The only thing I write obliquely about is my Sweetie. Anybody who knows us has long since figured out her real virtual name, so it’s no huge secret, but long ago she asked me not to mention her by name here, and so I don’t.

I actually like that, for it lets me write obliquely about her. I’ve turned her into a katana-wielding fashionista ninja (but she uses her super powers only for good!). I like to think my love for her shows.

I would like to thank my loyal readers, both of you (just kidding— I think) for sticking with me all this time. I love your comments. And thanks to all the rest of you bloggers out there. Melissa, your blog rocks! Keep up the good work, all of you!

2 comments:

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Thanks, and congratulations on your thousandth post! (And I know you track the stats--you have far more than two readers!)

Peter Stindberg said...

Woot? One thousand posts? Wow!