Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Recession

Written 30 October, 2008

Recession


In October, for the first time I can remember, I had to purchase Lindens to support my profligate Second Life lifestyle. That’s because I was broke.

After a year of steady sales of my goods, suddenly purchases suddenly dropped off 90%. Daily sales have become weekly sales, and my bottom line shows the change.

I suspect I’m not the only one to whom this has happened.

And I suspect it’s not a coincidence that the drop in sales began just when the economic crunch hit.

Yeah, the three big indicators of recession and possible impending depression: the stock market plummets, credit is frozen, and Chey’s sales dwindle.

Sheesh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah and right after the lindens so they BITE ME 66% rate (property tax) hike on light sims! Who raises their prices 66% in a recession and expects to retain clients !?!

Cheyenne Palisades said...

It has occurred to me that I would be quite happy putting servers on a 512 and being essentially homeless in SL-- and I am becoming more and more motivated to do so. That would reduce Linden Labs' by more than $5000 US per year. I know 5k less would bet MY attention!