Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Signage



Written 27 February, 2008


Signage

Pele's attorneys (as a nation-state we maintain an entire floor of them in the Empire State Building in New York) have advised me we could get sued because of not warning avatars of things they should be smart enough to know-- don't jump in the lava. Don't step into the Well of Death. Don't pet the cobra. Run when the crocodile targets you. Beware of the shark. The seals bite. If you pet the monkeys they will hurl a coconut at you. Dance floor slipper after rain. Vicious bunny.

That sort of thing.

I've tried not to overdo it. People will just have to take their chances with the croc, but there are warning signs on Pele now. Here's one of them (above).

I use a positively ancient version of Quark XPress (still uses 8-bit file names) for my signmaking. Even though it's old, it performs perfectly. I manipulate images, as best I am able (still early on the learning curve) in GIMP, the free program.

If you should need a sign, I am available to make one for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could add another sign below this one: "You must be at least this tall to ride the Volcano"

Did you get my email?

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Good idea! I had a friend once with a t-shirt that said "You must be this tall to ride this ride."

I sent you an e-mail back today, Talon. Yes, I will marry you.

Anonymous said...

I worked on ten different versions of that proposal.

Refresh my memory, did you get the one that specified joint custody of Pele?

Anonymous said...

Oops, that ^ was me. I forgot to uncheck "anon"