Thursday, December 13, 2007

Statistics

Written 13 December, 2007

Statistics

Awhile back I tried to install Google Analytics on my blog so I could see how many hits it got. I plugged in the HTML code. No dice. Or, rather, no statistics.

Last night Sweetie told me about some neat widgets for blogs. Sweetie LOVES widgets!

And so, when my Mytistool opened the page she had given me in Chat, I looked at it.

www.neoworx.net

Hmmm. Interesting.

I was skeptical. Surely these gadgets would cost money.

No, not necessarily so, said Sweetie.

And so i registered.

Or tried to register. It kept rejecting my usual password.

Again.

And again.

Grrrr.

Finally I put in a combination it liked (if you wanted letter AND numbers, WTF didn't you say so!) and, getting the darker angels of my nature under control-- or TRYING to-- I explored.

I was still skeptical when i selected a widget and told the website to auto install it on blogger.

But what do you know? It worked!

And so I have on this blog, and on the Tips and Tweaks blog, and on the Flights of Fancy blog, little gadgets that track usage.

I was astonished when, this afternoon at 2 pm,  Sweetie told me I had had more 25 visitors to this blog, and from all over the world. I mean, the widget had been running only about 15 hours. But sure enough, it was true!

Wow. I figured I had about three readers a week. Nice to know folks are looking at this little blog. 55 so far!

I pasted the URL above for those who may be bloggers themselves, but here it is again:

www.neoworx.net

2 comments:

Tycho Beresford said...

I use http://www.statcounter.com/, another freebie, on my blog. It's amazing to see where some of the people come from, and it also tells you the search terms that they used if they find you through Google.

I like a jazz pianist whose avatar has the same first name as him but a differnt last one. A few hours ago someone in Paris found my blog by Googling "The Man With Two Last Names", the title of my pianist post. I wonder what in the world they were really searching for?

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Thanks, Tycho! Looking at it now!