Thursday, May 31, 2007

Revamping the House of 1000 Pleasures


Written 24 May, 2007

Revamping the House of 1000 Pleasures

Sweetie and I love our House of 1000 Pleasures, the genteely-renamed Chinese Whorehouse I bought from Myles Cooper for $200 Lindens.

It’s a beautifully textured house of ill repute, and it has served us well—but lately we’ve been realizing we don’t really need the bottom floor, and could use a little more room on the second. You know, so there will be room for all of those poseballs.

And so last night I rezzed a copy directly on top of the original (I put it in the exact same X and Y coordinates), moved it up 50 meters, unlinked it, and began moving the pieces around.

I had to abandon my first attempt, since I erased the second floor and then realized we needed the screen windows that were there.

And I had to delete my second attempt, since I forgot to include a door.

But the third time was the charm.

I took out the bottom floor (except for the wall with the door), lowered the top floor into place, and then added a meter to the height of the ceiling. Then I moved the back walls 9.5 meters backward and stuck in new wall sections (you gotta love copyable houses!), making the house nine meter deeper. And I removed the roof tiles and added a nice black marble housetop which matched the floors.

And it was ready to move in.


Or so I thought.

No comments: