Saturday, December 30, 2006

Houston, We Have a Problem!

Written 27 December, 2006

Houston, We Have a Problem!

Dodgeguy and Damian are wonderful neighbors. I try to be a good neighbor, too.

Here’s the message I sent to Damian, via IM, when I found a lost prim (he was offline).

“Houston, this is the space shuttle. We have a problem.

“We’ve discovered an object over your property at 256 meters. It appears to be terrestrial in origin. In fact, it has your name on it. We suspect that it is an object you somehow projected into low Earth orbit.

You may want to retrieve it, as it poses a potential hazard to our re-entry and to your prim count.”

Later in the day, I got an IM from Damian. “I’m LMAO.”

“Houston,” I said, “we are concerned that this object will break up upon re-entry as the orbit continues to deteriorate. Please be advised that radioactivity levels are dangerously high. NASA is quite concerned.”

To his reply, I said, “Sorry, Houston. Can’t read your transmission. Solar flares. OMG! It’s the grays! They’ve come for me!”

-----

Photo: One misplaces the most unusual things.

No comments: